What is teletherapy?
Teletherapy is simply an audio and video conference over the internet. All you need is a computer, tablet or cell phone with a camera and speaker. It can be done from just about anywhere you have a good internet connection.
The benefit is you can get the help you need. It can be done from your home, office or anywhere there is privacy.
Teletherapy is convenient and it saves time by not having to drive to and from appointments. It’s also simple and easy to use. I send you a link and with one click you’re in the session.
Teletherapy is also HIPPA compliant, meaning it meets all federal laws relating to the privacy and security of your health information.
Teletherapy is effective.
If used properly, teletherapy can be just as effective as in-person therapy. Teletherapy is an approved counseling method by the following organizations:
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- American Counseling Association
- American Psychological Association
- Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists
- Texas State Board of Examiners of Professional Counselors
- Texas State Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor Program
Each organization specifies best practices and ethical requirements to perform teletherapy. I meet or exceed all clinical and ethical requirements.
Here’s the teletherapy process.
My goal is to make this process simple and easy. You don’t need any special skills or knowledge to do it effectively.
- Before your appointment, I will send you detailed information on the expectations we will have for each other.
- I will also send you a detailed description of the process of joining our session.
- I will require emergency contact information just to be on the safe side.
- You must be in a space that is quiet and private where no one will hear you.
- You must make sure you have a good internet connection.
- We’ll have a plan in case the technology fails.
- At your appointment time, click on the link that I’ve sent you and our session can begin.
- I reserve the right to decide whether teletherapy is appropriate for our session.